Corporate social Responsibility
Brookland is committed to promoting awareness and adoption of good environmental, social and governance practices in the real estate finance industry. We believe in transparency of disclosure, and will remain open and honest about how we embed best practises in our organisation. In doing so, we aim to encourage our industry colleagues to do the same, to drive a better industry for all.
- Operationally, we seek to run our business in a resource efficient and environmentally conscious We minimise single use plastic (using e.g. reusable water bottles only) and minimise resource use (light, energy, printing). We make sure to provide all the amenities to facilitate employees cycling to work.
- From an business perspective, our team is up to date with green and sustainable financing structures and we will prioritise transactions that incorporate green or sustainable components. We look to actively participate in impactful industry initiatives around sustainable real estate finance.
- Brookland seeks to drive socially responsible behaviour across three dimensions – our employees, the wider industry and transactions it advises on.
- Within the workplace, we believe that offering a safe, inclusive and diverse working environment is paramount our team’s success. We are a minority owned business and are proud to have one of the most diverse teams in the industry. Through our recruitment processes we embrace diversity in all forms to embed it in the workplace. Day-to-day, we treat health, safety and general wellbeing as fundamental and always look to improve our internal policies and procedures to highlight these.
- Within the wider industry, our team members actively engage in diversity initiatives and thought leadership (such as UN Women, CREFC’s BAME initiative) and seek to set an example by offering internship opportunities and engaging in philanthropic projects close to our heart.
- On a transactional level, our team will always seek to understand social and societal impact of projects we work on, and will not engage with controversial or socially harmful projects.
- As an advisor, we recognise our duty to our clients to uphold highest governance standards
- From the beginning, due to the diverse nature and origin of our clients, we insist on rigorous client onboarding
- We update our operational policies frequently in view of the a complex regulatory and technological landscape to secure our clients’ interests at all times.
- Data privacy and cyber security are of paramount importance, and our infrastructure and systems are fully GDPR compliant. Furthermore, our IT provider Edge Technology Group has an Information Security Management system that is certified to ISO 27001:2013 standards, an EU-US privacy shield, and we have comprehensive disaster recovery infrastructure in place.
- To ensure diversity of perspectives in our governance Brookland has engaged a Board of Advisors which actively contribute to company strategy and growth.